cornu n : (anatomy) any structure that resembles a horn in shape [also: cornua (pl)]
EtymologyProto-Indo-European *ḱoru and *ḱr̥-no-, from *ḱer- "horn". Cognates include English horn.
- a Classical /ˈkor.nuː/|lang=la, /"kor.nu:/
Cornu (pl. cornua) is a Latin word for horn.
Cornu may also refer to:
- Cornu (horn), an ancient musical instrument
- Cornu ammonis, a part of the hippocampus of the brain
- Cornu anterius, cornu inferius, and cornu posterius, parts of the the lateral ventricle of the brain
- Cornu anterius, or anterior horn, of the spinal cord
- Cornu coccygeum'', one of two upward projecting processes which articulate with the sacrum
- Cornua of the hyoid, the greater and lesser horns of the hyoid bones
- Cornua of the sacrum, two small processes projecting inferiorly on either side of the sacral hiatus leading into the sacral canal.
- Uterine cornu, or uterine horn, located near the entry of the Fallopian tube
cornu in German: Cornu
cornu in French: Cornu
cornu in Italian: Cornu
cornu in Dutch: Cornu
cornu in Romanian: Cornu (dezambiguizare)